Tuesday 11 February 2014

Rambling Ted again and again!

Getting back into card making after all this time hasn't been as easy as I expected, The biggest problem is that I have become quite indecisive...I found it hard to decide what to do once an image had been coloured (I use Promarkers mostly). So I had the brain-wave to look at some of the cards which I made back in 2011-12, and use them as layout inspiration until I get back into the flow!
so here's the card I shared back in august 2012...
I have always loved my Rambling Ted rubber stamps by Penny Black, 343J "Bunches of Wishes"
is the one used for these cards. I love the feel of this card with its pretty pink and brown colour combo, so I copied it! I didnt have the same papers and used a different die to create this card...
I am not very pleased with the sentiment. the banner backgound should have been a bit lighter
but I am quite pleased to actually create a cards!!!

I had stamped and coloured this image four times so now I felt ready to attempt something a little different but loosely based on the same layout. I wanted to enter a challenge, after all my confidence was growing and I needed the practice! I found the Penny Black and More Challenge" Blog   their February challenge is "Make it Sparkle" which was just right for my card
The sparkle was added to my card by using stick on gems to the image flower centres, the prima flower centres and the little banner which was cut using a Sizzix die, I finished the card off by using guipure lace at the top. here's a close up...
 I like the gentle feminine feel of this card, but anyone who knows me will know I love pretty and cute!  I have enjoyed myself and feel eager to create some more cards.

thanks for visiting, please leave a comment ;o)

2 comments:

brenda said...

Your card is very pretty Frea, the bear image so sweet and you have clearly paid so much careful attention to all the pretty details.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here which runs until 5th March.

B x

Anonymous said...

this card is very pretty! i love the flowers, die cuts and delicate lace. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
linda