Saturday 20 October 2012

Pretty Team Teddy Easel Card


I am really getting onto the flow with these easel cards! 
I needed to make a card for my friend Stephanie so here's the card I created for her and the Penny Black & Friends Saturday Challenge for the October challenge they have set a sketch which I have followed...
Embelishments and sentimenrts may be placed wherever I wish but I left it without a sentiment as I think my friend will want to leave this out on show for a while or even frame it!
I started to make this over a week ago but have been poorly and just not well enough to think straight!
I intended this card to be entered into a challenge that called for paper piecing, therefore I pieced the teddy arm, the gift, then the ribbon and bow and the tag on the gift then I used glossy accents on the bow to make the ribbon shine!
Here's the easel card opened up and showing the inside too. I wanted the sweet image of the teddy and the rose paper to really be the focal point of this card so kept embelishments to a minimum.
The image is a Penny Black stamp 3981K Team Teddy, 
I coloured  it with Promarkers. I have only used half of the image, masking off the other little creatures 
as there wasn't enough room for all of them to fit within the circle. 
I love the feminine feel of this card, it's just right for the friend it's intended for!

thanks for looking

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful easel card...I'm sure your friend will treasure it...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful and adorable.
Thanks for joining in with us at Penny Black Saturday.
luv
Debby