Wednesday 10 October 2012

I am feeling so rough today, I have been having a lot of health issues which have been a real test for me. I have been off work since may and still no sign of returning ;o( Now on top of all that I have a poorly chest now and a cough that will not ease. I have only had just about 1 hours sleep in total in the last 24 hours.
But having said all that I am grateful for the way my God has brought me closer to Him. I'ts been a real storm for us, like a whirlwind disrupting everything and bringing chaos. Kev's arm is broken it's an old fracture that has not mended and needs an operation and because of it he lost his job! finances have been a struggle but we are trusting God in it all.  all I can say is "thank you God" for placing us in a good loving supporting church where we can be who we are and accepted and loved and encouraged to trust God in all circumstances! that reminds me... I heard a comment on UCB radio which really spoke into the situation. it went  something like this....
Through the storms of life God does one of two things.....He either calms the storm or He calms His child.
I can testify that this is true, sometimes I have felt so calm within at the centre of this storm but at other times the storm has become a place of peace when I struggled with receiving His peace myself! It's a season we must walk through but all seasons end! Thank You Lord for your grace and love and strength xx


Psalm 36:5-9 says

Your love, Lord reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
You, Lord,preserve both people and animals.
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house
you give them drink from your river of delight
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.

No comments: