Monday 3 September 2012

New Forever Friends Anniversary Cards

I've been working on some new designs for personalised wedding & anniversary cards. I try to sell my cards on Etsy and Folksy but not getting noticed really, just one sale! so any tips would be gratefully received! I need to at least fund my hobby! so I am is there a better place to sell handmade cards etc anywhere?

This week over at the Forever Friends Challenge they ask for "dry or heat embossing." Well there is plenty of embossing around the die cut circles and the heart edges too on this card. I hope you can see the dry embossing on the photo! its not as easy to see on the silver wedding design as the gold one
I am also entering this card into the Card Makin Mama's Challenge where they ask for "hearts" I've got that box ticked then LOL I have never entered this challenge before but hoping to make it a regular one  too!

I find it quite difficult to take photo's of cards that have shiny mirror or cracked ice card in the design, the glare seems to take over LOL but I do love the high shine on the silver of this card it is lovely in real life!
I have also made this design in Gold for a Golden Wedding Anniversary. 
The gold card I used is not as high gloss as that used on the silver one but it works well on the cream base, (although it looks quite white on my monitor!)

I think its nice getting a personalised special card for a special occasion. 
it says that someone has taken the trouble and effort to make you feel precious and loved!

I wonder what Kev will do for my 50th birthday next March? !!!

Talking of special occasions...I was asked to do a card for a friend for an 80 year old male! (scream!!!!!)
male cards are just not my specialty!!! it was a stretch but the word vintage came to mind and I remembered a stamp I have had for years of an old car, then hey presto... I created this...
after my cricut blade decided it was too blunt to cut I had to abandon the idea of his name at the bottom but I am please with how it turned out! now should I just specailise in what I do best ? oir be a general all rounder....hmmm thinking about that and leaning towards what I do best at the moment.....







1 comment:

Penny said...

Thanks for playing with the CMM heart challenge.